On Tuesday, Governor Walz, Speaker Hortman and Senate President Bobby Joe Champion announced the budget targets for the 2023 legislative session. Budget targets allow the House and Senate committees to start with a common goal as they pull together their omnibus budget bills over the weeks to come. That process already started this week with omnibus bill hearing beginning.
Key budget targets we are watching are:
· Taxes, aids and credits (net), $3 billion;
· Paid family medical leave, $668.3 million;
· Economic development, $250 million;
· Workforce development, $240 million;
· Earned sick and safe time, 4.8 million
To read the complete list of budget targets and more information on the process, please refer to the Session Daily article below.
Comments are closed.
Follow as we advocate for the hospitality industry at the local, state and federal levels. This work has been a hallmark of the Association for decades, and will continue to be a core benefit of membership.